Naheda Hassan of Naheda’s Choice, Prahran Market
We make our homemade dips with love and also make our own date and walnut baguette. We are famous for our fresh Turkish Delight in lots of flavours - come and say hi to Naheda, Gus and team and have a taste test - you will love everything we do!
Naheda’s Choice, Shop 701, Prahran Market P: 9827 8511 W: www.nahedaschoice.com.au
WINNING RECIPE from My Market Rules
Neheda's Poached Pears, Ricotta & Blue Cheese Cream & Pistachios
- 2 cups shiraz
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 10 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 small - medium ripe pears
- Ricotta & Blue Cheese Cream:
- 500g ricotta
- 4 tbs honey (see Tip)
- 50g blue cheese (see Tip)
- Zest of ½ lemon
Finely chopped pistachios (see Tip)
- To poach pears: Place Shiraz, water, sugar, cloves and cinnamon sticks in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally until sugar has dissolved.
- Meanwhile, peel pears and, leaving pears whole, remove cores (optional).
- Add pears to syrup and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook pears gently until tender, about 15 minutes. Remove pears and set aside to cool. Return syrup to boil and cook until reduced and slightly thickened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare Ricotta & Blue Cheese Cream: Using a stick blender, combine ricotta, honey, blue cheese and lemon zest until smooth.
- To serve: Place a thick strip of Ricotta & Blue Cheese Cream on each serving plate and place a thin strip of chopped pistachios on top. Arrange one pear alongside, carefully spoon a little syrup over each pear and serve at once.
- Use less honey if desired.
- Naheda recommends using an extra creamy Danish blue for this recipe. If using Gorgonzola, only use half the amount to prevent overpowering other flavours.
- Try using different nuts such as walnuts.